Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Thrift Store Haul+DIY

I went thrift store shopping this past weekend for pretty much the first time, where I actually went to multiple stores and rummaged through the rocks to find the diamonds. I was happy to find several pieces that I really liked, and they added to my already quite pink wardrobe. I found two tops, the pink one for $1.99, and the other white Ralph Lauren tank top with ties I bought for a bargain of only $1.00! In addition, I bought two pants that I turned into shorts, the Calvin Klein light pink for only $2.99 and the other, for $1.99. I decided to make two different hems, one that I cut, folded up, and then ironed in place, and the other, that I also cut up but used a knife to rough up the edges for a more tattered look. I think that when I put the more tattered shorts into the wash, it will get a more worn in look in time so I didn't want to rough it up too much in the beginning. Now I no longer have to search endlessly for high-waisted shorts but instead I can go to thrift stores. Overall, a great weekend of shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment