Sunday, May 18, 2014

Under the Sea Birthday


I had an order for an Under the Sea birthday cake, which I made over the weekend. It was 2 layers, of vanilla and strawberry with vanilla buttercream frosting, and tinted and piped like waves on the outside. Unfortunately, I could not get good enough lighting as it was cloudier out, but the seashell on top had a little pearl inside, and gold lustre dust all over, which made it sparkly. The cake was for a little girl named Estelle's first birthday. Her mom decorated an entire part of the park with a bubble machine, lined sparkly tables with goodies, and had attendees dress up in Under the Sea themed costumes. There were little girls dressed up as mermaids, playing with bubbles, and it was truly a wonderful and memorable birthday. I wish I had a party like that when I was a child!

No comments:

Post a Comment